December 08, 2008

Putting up the tree

James hanging ornaments

Julie, James & Patrick

Patrick hanging ornaments

James of course hung the most

it was a warm moment

a wee little tree for a wee little home


and it only took about 4 seconds for James to ask where the presents were...


It's the first Christmas for me without my Dad, and we honored his request of last Christmas with a moment of silence..

"I won't be with you next Christmas, I don't want you to forget that this has always been my favorite time of the year, and I want you to remember me when you turn your lights on every year from now on".


6 comments:

Jules said...

It was a warm moment. I couldn't help but tear up here and there. Missing your Dad, finding the ornament with Oreo's picture with Santa Claus and the boys lost in the lights of the tree. Thank you for documenting it so years from now the pictures from tonight will be the ones that move me to tears. Merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

I've got to drag ours out of the attic next Saturday.

Junebug said...

Made me sad we won't be there with you all in person.We will be there in spirit.
You know your dad is there with you Clay.He is always in your HEART.I thought of him the other evening when we took a ride looking at christmas lights.I was thinking as he looks down from heaven he's got the biggest smile on his face.
I will always remember the big smile on his face and the biggest warmest hugs a man could give.Especially at christmas.
I loved seeing Julie and the boys trimming the tree.Thank you for the pictures and this special blog.Brought tears to an old woman's eyes.

Leslie Rubio said...

I'm sorry for your loss. Starting a new Christmas without your Dad I'm sure is hard. I lost my Mom just after Christmas 10 years ago and I miss her so much.

They are heavenly angels now and will sing praises to the King-what a wonderful Christmas for them and for us to as we imagine their joy!

Leslie

Nice tree, put mine up too last weekend!

C.S. Perry said...

"Heeey Heeey!"
I'm sure you know what I mean.

Eve said...

We put up our tree last night. It's true that there isn't anything better than the real thing, but it's sweet how your Dad wanted you to remember him by.