October 11, 2009

It must be cursed....


Some time back, I started working on a walking stick with a stubborn knot on the end. during the removal process I sliced my hand open in a fairly raucous manner. The picture over to the left was taken the next day...

This morning I decided to retrieve that walking stick and begin working on it again, and yep, it happened again. This time wasn't as bad, no stitches.. Just a touch of super glue and a couple of band aids, with, as you can see, little blood loss. I am beginning to think that the damn thing may be cursed. The wood came from a tree that was downed in a storm last year, it's pear. The downed tree took out the corner of a house and an air-conditioning unit. I helped the owner of the house move the tree, then went over the entire thing and scavenged the remains for pieces I could use. I took eight or nine all told, and each one of the walking sticks I have made from it have sold. This is the last piece left, and somehow I think it's trying to throw some kind of voodoo on me.

To quote a movie line I once heard, "I feel like a voodoo doll. It's grim. It's gross. "

I am determined to finish the walking stick and damn the evil spirits associated with it back to the darkest level of hell that they spawned from. I decided that I will carve it into a snake, to celebrate the evil nature it seems to have, because lord knows... It couldn't be my fault... So if you want to purchase a ready made item for tossing a curse on me.. come up with the cash when I'm done & my eternal soul could be under your control... for a mere eighty dollars... I'm cheap that way.

6 comments:

John Pender said...

That's one I don't want. The last thing I need is a broken ankle in the middle of the woods.

Just me... said...

Would it be 'mean' to buy it as a present for my soon-to-be ex? :)~

Schmoop said...

I couldn't use that stick. It reminds too much of an underused body part of mine. Cheers Clay!!

wendysito said...

oh yeah... the rebel in me wants that sucker...

HeartofGoldPlate said...

your blood made a butterfly!

Clay Perry said...

butterfly... oh no.. its the damn mothman...