July 24, 2009

Socially inept...


The many theorems tossed at us revolving around socialization of the human condition seem to have one basis in logical thought. They are all pretty much grounded in fecal matter. Predestination begins to look like a more logical route when you sit down and read through a psychology text book. Granted I'm no David Myers, but one doesn't have to look much farther than the nearest social networking site to see what's going on...

People are bored, lazy, and lonely...

There is absolutely no way that anyone can convince me that this list put out by google is correct... It's purported to be the top ten most searched phrases for 2008...
  1. sarah palin
  2. beijing 2008
  3. facebook login
  4. tuenti
  5. heath ledger
  6. obama
  7. nasza klasa
  8. wer kennt wen
  9. euro 2008
  10. jonas brothers
Sarah Palin was number one? What the hell? I am willing to bet three dollars cash that "blowjob" beat out Sarah Palin... Based on the search criteria that people have entered to get to this blog it's astounding to me that the majority of the world's population isn't doing time in a nervous hospital, wrapped tightly in a special coat...

I believe that people whitewash everything they put out there, for a multitude of reasons. Whether it's to make themselves seem more important than they really are or a lame ass attempt to convince themselves that their lives are more exciting than sleep, work, car, couch... with an occasional debauch thrown in for soul cleansing..

The most clarifying thing about the internet to me is that it forces us to be self aware. When videos of an ugly woman singing, or people dancing down the aisle at a wedding become the most watched things in the underworld of the internet, you see how badly people are hurting for entertainment... Everything morphs into the same thing around here, blogs all look alike, taking the shape of social networking pages, ads creep in on everything from the tony robins crowd of binaca armed socialites trying to make a buck from anything while convincing us that they are the height of suave sophistication. My cynicism allows me just enough time when dealing with most people face to face to entertain a brief fantasy of either bedding them or smacking them in mouth before I start looking for the nearest exit...

There simply seems to be a lack of general honesty about whats what. People are pretty trashy, accept it. Sometimes you desire to sit in a quiet room pondering your next move on the chess board, while at other times you want to be screaming down a back road at 120 miles per hour on a motorcycle while a hooker with one leg and bottle of mezcal holds on to you for dear life as she screams, "I'm gonna make you squirm like a scared virgin" in your good ear...

You watch people praise god one second and ask for the ky lube that heats up in the next breath. Why the dichotomy? Do we all have the desire to be both sweaty whore and wholesome family oriented guy? Of course we do.... That's where it gets lost...

There is nothing that is new. Each news story that you see has been shown before. People shot students at a school in Texas back in the twenties, 1906 saw some of the worst natural disasters of human history from earthquakes to category five hurricanes, a whole list of dumbasses ran for president down through the years, the economy has grown & tanked more times than you can imagine. It's all been done... Yet we treat each celebrity's death with awe, each war with surprise and each asinine remark a politician makes with shock...

You can't sit down with someone anymore and just have an old fashioned conversation. Everybody is suspicious, webs are cast to catch flies, backs are checked constantly for knives, deceit is the order of the day & dealing out pain for no reason has become a sport. People smile right at you, then run to the next room to make fun of you, why? It's boring...

I generally can't talk to people... When you meet me I stare at the floor... I rarely speak. But it's me.. I'm honest about it. I can be at home at a cookout where people are so drunk they can't speak, or with people who can't read above a Dr Seuss level, or with people that can quote entire sections of works on string theory.. and understand it... The only time I get truly uncomfortable is when I'm around people that aren't honest about themselves.

Someone gave me a hard time once because I don't go anywhere socially. I stay home. I despise crowds, I read, I watch movies, I actually enjoy spending time with my family... To have good music playing and be creating something while getting irritated with the noise being generated by the kids, is a good time to me. Going for a quiet drive to acquire a ridiculously expensive cup of coffee brings me solace. A long ride through the woods on the Kawasaki mule calms my soul. But sometimes I do wonder where that one legged hooker is hiding...

3 comments:

John Pender said...

Hey now, I like my special coat.

Just me... said...

The internet is the new TV.. But rather than have just a certain set of channels to watch (3 when I was a kid, 138+ now), the channels are limitless.. And you can search on anything, finding information on any topic from child care to one-legged hookers (she looks familiar, I think she works at a Waffle House off I-65 in Alabama)..
But, as my grandmama used to say, there's no accounting for taste..

wendy said...

Someone has been thinking too much...


One of my favorite quotes is by Sarah Miles

There`s a little bit of hooker in every woman. A little bit of hooker and a little bit of God.